Thursday 25 September 2008

Job

I have just had a call back from a job offering me a position - so I'm a bit happy at the moment! It means I can now start spending money again! I've been quite restrained really. So far I have only made a few small, tiny and insignificant purchases including hair straighteners, a hair dryer and a mobile phone!

I am going in for some training next week and then I start the week after.

That's not bad is it? I've only been in the country two and a half weeks. :-)

Oh yes, one other thing. I heard someone announce the time earlier and they said 'It is twenty before nine' !!!!!

Such a strange country.

1 comment:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I agree that "20 before nine" is odd. Was it an older person? I would just say either eight forty, or cheat and say "a quarter till nine."

What would you say?

I was being a geek just now and went and looked "quarter till" up, and it's kind of funny how many options here are...

http://www.aaastudy.com/meatw2nq.htm

Followers