Monday 29 September 2008

Autumn

This afternoon, I had my first day of training for my new job. All I did today was go through paperwork / policies etc. I will start on the computer system tomorrow, but from what I saw, it looks simple enough. Quite like the SDE system actually, with just a swipe in and no tickets to issue. I hope it is not as boring as SDE though!!!

I cycled there and back and it was REALLY warm today. It felt almost like summer but the ground was covered with autumn leaves and conkers! It was rather disconcerting. But in a nice way.


On the way home, I stopped off at the mall to get work clothes. I bought the things I needed - including trainers and bought myself another pair of shoes as well! Very impractical but I like them! What do you think Amy?!!!


Oh, one other thing, here is the first McDonald's ever in Canada. Apparently. A little bit of trivia for you!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

apparently?? you don't believe us? haha! nice shoes!
-leanne

The Chatty Housewife said...

I had no clue the first McDonalds ever in Canada was in Vancouver. I should go visit it just to say that I have.

Are trainers what Canadians call running shoes and Americans call tennis shoes?

Are conkers what we call pinecones?

Martha said...

ha!
yes to the trainers and no to conkers.
They come from horse-chestnut trees. take a look!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers

The Chatty Housewife said...

I guess we would just call them horse chestnuts... :) Where I grew up, we didn't even have chestnuts like they do here.

rachel said...

Can't believe I was that close to the original Canadian McDonalds!

Nice shoes :)

Followers