Sunday 7 June 2009

Opera

I really wanted to see 'Easy Virtue' yesterday, and the only place that was showing it is a cinema in Kits. So I took the bus and went to see it. It was good, I really enjoyed it. Plus Ben Barnes is nice to look at! Then I walked up to Vainer park and had a look at where Bard On The Beach is being held. I almost decided to stay and watch 'Othello', but I know that there may be some people who would like to come with me, so I restrained myself! I sat by the water and read for a bit in the sunshine instead. :-)

On the way to Kits I had passed the Metro Theatre and saw that tonight was the last night for 'Die Fledermaus'. So I decided to go there on the way home. As I always say, I would rather go see something on my own, than miss out just because no-one will go with me. As it turned out, I wasn’t on my own. As I was waiting in the lobby for it to start, in walked a girl I work with! So I sat with her. Very random! Neither of us had been to an opera before, but as soon as they started playing the overture, I realised that I actually knew some of the songs, but had never realised what they were from. Some I had even heard English versions of so even though they sang in German I knew what was going on.
By the time I left the theatre, my tummy was grumbling, so I went and got MaccyD’s - and missed two buses while I waited! When my bus did come, the driver hopped straight off and disappeared into McDonald's! Hmm!

I like off the cuff days like that. Plus, I really feel like I am starting to get to know my way around here a lot more, which makes me happy! :-)

No comments:

Followers