Saturday 18 October 2008

An 'Alice In Wonderland' Day!

I went to see a rather bizarre play tonight. It was called 'Leading Ladies'.

Think, Noel Coward doing bad Panto. If that's possible!

It was very strange. It actually had the opportunity to be quite good, but it never really got there I'm afraid. Mind you, most of the audience was belly-laughing away, but slap-stick has never been at all my thing, hence the reason Adam Sandler does my head in.

Having said that, I did enjoy myself tonight. I think it was mainly because I was just so happy to be back in a theatre again! I get such a rush from it, even when I am not performing, and I do miss it dreadfully. I really must do something about that! My favourite feeling in the world is standing behind the curtain on opening night, and hearing the orchestra getting ready for the overture and the sound of the audience as they find their seats. Mmmm! Wonderful!

The theatre tonight was just gorgeous! It seats just over 500 people, so it is very intimate. It seems like it had been newly refurbished and it looks lovely. They have Guys And Dolls there next, which of course I will be going to see! Can't wait! I think that will be the 5th time I will have seen it!

Also today, I saw a wedding party who were blowing bubbles over the bride and groom instead of throwing confetti (!), and a big brown rabbit hopping around a car park with a big black crow!! Yes, a rabbit!

I also got blisters on my toes and what felt like frostbite in my fingers!

All in all, an interesting day!

6 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Can I go with you some time? To a normal un-wacky show that is? I would love it.

I starred in Annie in grade 8 and was in some sort of musical or plays/1 acts each year until I graduated. I do miss it!

Martha said...

Ok! There are loads of things coming up that I want to see, so Ill keep you posted!

LeAnne said...

i'm coming too!!!!!! you guys aren't going without me! don't even think about it.

Martha said...

I wouldn't dare!
:-)

Unknown said...

Do you think you'll join a theatre group out there?

Martha said...

I'd like to, but i work every evening at the moment, so not until i get a more socialble job!

Followers